Why is Equine Assisted Learning Certification Important and What Does it Mean?
The Equine Assisted Learning Certification Course ensures the technical competence of their trained professional facilitators. Certification exams go beyond training by providing an objective measurement of a facilitator's knowledge and skills. This Horse Course Certification is designed to establish standards for developing qualified facilitators.
As defined by the Global Certification Institute: Certification refers to the confirmation of certain characteristics of a person, organization or object. This confirmation is often, but not always, provided by some form of external review, education or assessment. One of the most common types of certification in modern society is professional certification, where a person is certified as being able to competently complete a job or task, usually by the passing of an examination. The purpose of any professional certification is to produce official and public recognition of an individual's competencies and capabilities in a professional subject area.
What are the objectives to certification?
- To raise the professional standards in fulfilling prescribed standards of performance and conduct, have demonstrated and maintained a high level of competence and ethical practices.
- To identify for employers, clients and the public persons with a broad knowledge of your Equine Assisted Learning field, and capability to professionally apply the principals.
- To establish a program with the goal of continuous improvement for individuals to build skills and professional development.
- To clarify the skills, knowledge and standards of conduct for the practice of Equine Assisted Learning.
- To ALWAYS have the 'Welfare of the Horse' first and foremost. We work with Guelph University to ensure the ethics of the horse are continuously met.
- Governing Body for the Academy of Equine Assisted Learning Certified Facilitators
You Will Learn To Empower People Through This Skill Building, Objectively Driven Programs.
- How to identify an individual's strengths and weaknesses through group exercises
- Understanding the 6 Components to the course that allows for a predictable and achievable outcome
- How to bring out an individual's ability to learn new skills
- Learn how to facilitate a group through effectively communicating as they turn problems into opportunities
- Learn how to recognize the individual participant as an asset to their group; learn how to guide individuals through the process of thinking together, resolve conflict together, maintaining accountability together and inspiring each other to do their best
- Learn how to let the horses do their horse job
- Learn how to run these horse programs related to the objective
- Learn how to empower individuals with skills to conquer difficult group challenges while they deal with their own personal journey,
- and you will learn how to be a part of this life changing opportunity in your community.
Simply put - a love of people and horses!
Fulfill your destiny and get your Dream Career today!
Certification Requirements (Once Certified)
- Certified as an Equine-Assisted Learning BuildingBlock™ Facilitator with the Equine Connection - The Academy of Equine Assisted Learning Inc
- Up to date CPR and First Aid
- Business license in your county, town and/or city
- 40 hours of Continuing Education every calendar year
- Evacuation and safety plan for your facility - we help you with this as Risk Management was part of getting a Master Agreement with the Calgary Board of Education
- Commitment to safety is 2 horses with one certified facilitator, anything over 2 horses requires an additional certified BuildingBlock™ facilitator
- Running your programs with Certified Facilitators only
- Adhering to the rules, regulations and integrity of the governing body for the Academy of Equine Assisted Learning Certified Facilitators. www.ealnetwork.com
We strive to advance working and understanding our horses continually. They are the key to our successful businesses. Our horse/horses are the ultimate teachers in globally helping people to change their lives. We move our certified clients into creating their own successful equine business in their community. In providing outstanding marketing solutions that work, business training and support for the life of their careers. Equine Connection - where successful facilitators in equine assisted learning are born.
Definition of a Global Company: A global corporation is a business that operates in two or more countries.
Exclusive to certified members only. Moving on up in Continuing Education of Equine Assisted Learning Career. If you just cannot get enough of learning more and more! This is for those who are inquisitive about the design of how to build their business' that would be more specific to the organizations they are working with.
+ Level One - The five day course as shown on our website
+ Level Two - Learning to adapt and change courses based on specific objectives - 2 days
+ Level Three - Learning to escalate and de-escalate a full program for particular needs of your specific groups. This is linked heavily to leadership and adult courses - 2 days
+ Instructor Certification Training - To get to this point application will be required.
Level 2 Certification
The level 2 course will provide you with personal assistance, information, experience, course materials and proven exercises necessary for you to start adapting your programs, obstacles and their objectives. This is a 2-day program to teach you the skills to be able to truly hone in on the first Fundamental Principal of Equine Assisted Learning and ensuring that your programs are perfectly suited to your group. You will also learn how to combine exercises.
Pre-requisite: Equine Assisted Learning Facilitator Certification
Pre-approval application required.
Level 3 Certification
Equine Assisted Learning Facilitator Certification + Level 2
Level 3 takes your facilitation techniques to a whole new level. You will learn how to adapt each course further to allow for special needs, veterans, behavioural issues or other examples that would not fall into a “normal” Equine Assisted Learning course. This will allow you to take on a number of advanced delivery practices such as lesson planning, program consultation and delivery formulation in the field. This will also focus greatly on adult and leadership development.
Pre-requisite: Equine Assisted Learning Facilitator Certification + Level 2 Certification